By now you’ve seen the pictures of the devastation – homes and businesses reduced to piles of rubble on the ground. Families picking through the pieces hoping to find a few of their possessions. While no building material is guaranteed to withstand the strong winds of a tornado, fabric structures are a safe, sturdy choice.
- Although the fabric is what you see when looking at a fabric building, there’s heavy-duty construction inside the walls. Each of our buildings is made with steel I-beams, which can be hot-dip galvanized for maximum durability.
- Though fabric buildings aren’t always on a poured foundation, they are firmly grounded. Each steel beam is securely anchored to a fully engineered foundation.
- Since Legacy Building Solutions is based in Minnesota, we know how to work with snow and ice! Most of the load will slide harmlessly down the sides of the roof (and we can add ice breakers to protect the area next to your structure). In addition, the roof can be designed to handle any snowload.
- Fabric won’t rust, corrode or snap in half. Your tension fabric structure will last for years, even in a highly corrosive environment.
- Experienced crews will erect your structure. These guys have years of experience working with tension fabric, and they know how to make safe, sturdy buildings.
- Our buildings have been tested to withstand wind speeds over 100 miles per hour.
- And if the unthinkable does happen, your fabric structure can be economically and easily repaired – for as little as $2 per square foot, a fraction of what it can cost to repair or replace steel.