When state regulations required a permanent facility for road salt storage, the city of Bethel Park installed a fabric structure on a steel frame. Bethel Park worked with Legacy to procure a custom building 45 feet wide and 260 feet long, designed and installed within a tight timeline and on a difficult site.
- 45 ft x 260 ft (11,700 sq ft)
- 24 ft straight interior sidewall clearance on 10’ cast-in-place walls
- Solid rod cross bracing
- Hot dip galvanized steel components
- Patented keder rail fabric attachment system; individual fabric panels attached to each frame
- Flame-retardant fabric double-layered and laced to all vertical wall columns and purlins
- 18-in eave extensions with mesh soffit ventilation
- 5 ft x 6 ft gutter plus icebreakers
- 6 ARV 2000 roof ventilators for attic cavity ventilation
- Installed by Legacy crews
- 25 psf ground snow load, 90 mph windspeed, wind exposure C, seismic B, enclosed, fully exposed
- Building use: Reserve salt storage
State & Municipal
11,700 sq ft
Bethel Park, PA
Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently.
We didn’t have any experience with fabric buildings, but they were a cost-effective solution for our needs. Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently. So far the building is doing the job of providing protection for the new equipment.
It seemed to be the perfect solution.
The building needed to be as salt resistant as possible. Legacy had a solid steel frame as opposed to tubular steel – it seemed to be the perfect solution.
The set up was ideal.
With this Legacy design, we were able to save money and space by integrating a wash bay into the storage structure. The setup we use is also ideal for eliminating environmental concerns, since all the salt-laden water is contained instead of running off.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.