To stay in line with air quality regulations in their area, a recycling company needed to enclose their current concrete containment bins. They partnered with Legacy to design, manufacture and install a structure that is able to house both storage and processing areas and is equipped with a building-supported conveyor and chemical fire suppression system.
- Building size: 74 ft x 150 ft with 87 ft x 125 ft lean-to (21,975 sq ft)
- ExxoTec™ Elite PVC fabric cladding
- 50 ft high offset peak to accommodate material pile brought in by building-supported conveying system
- Fabric dividing wall separating product bin areas
- Building columns designed for varying concrete wall heights for value engineering
- Building supports chemical fire suppression system
- Constructed on a pile-supported foundation due to poor soil conditions
- Multiple large overhead doors installed for equipment access
- 18.9 psf snow load, 115 mph wind load, wind exposure C, seismic C
State & Municipal
21,975 sq ft
Jersey City, NJ
It seemed to be the perfect solution.
The building needed to be as salt resistant as possible. Legacy had a solid steel frame as opposed to tubular steel – it seemed to be the perfect solution.
It was a good experience working with Legacy.
Our transportation system requires the diesel buses to be stored in a facility to keep them warm and protected from the elements. Legacy's customized fabric structure design was able to fit our purposes. Their in-house installation crew put up the building very quickly. They're easy to work with and willing to help, and the communication with the city and responsiveness throughout the project was very good.
The set up was ideal.
With this Legacy design, we were able to save money and space by integrating a wash bay into the storage structure. The setup we use is also ideal for eliminating environmental concerns, since all the salt-laden water is contained instead of running off.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.