Having a beautiful field house that fit into a traditional university setting was important to the college. It also had to fit into a rather limited footprint. Legacy used inverted legs on the solid steel frame to make it fit and to make it look great. It also attached to a traditional brick and mortar building seamlessly. Both engineers and designers got an 'A' for this project.
- Building size: 185 ft x 315 ft (58,275 sq ft)
- Hot dip galvanized rigid steel frames
- ExxoTec™ Elite PVC fabric on the exterior, customized with university athletics logo
- Blue and white ExxoTec™ Pro interior fabric liner
- Inverted steel I-beams
- Full turf interior for football, lacrosse, soccer and softball
- R30 insulation on sidewalls
- Lighting, filming platform and divider curtains supported by frame
- Limited building footprint
- Connected to office building
- 20 psf ground snow load, 130 mph wind speed, seismic zone B
Sports & Recreation
58,275 sq ft
Stony Brook, NY
The building allowed us to get everything we wanted for the price we could afford.
We are really happy with everything it’s provided for our community, including the lifestyle changes. We attracted 30 new kids to our school, which is really big for our town. And we feel that building is one of the main reasons for it. The building allowed us to get everything we wanted for the price we could afford.
The building provides a unique environment for attending a concert.
And the sound quality inside is amazing. It's a terrific venue.
It was a breath of fresh air.
No one was really expecting your guys to install it as fast as they did. Once we got to that point where it was time to put the steel up and putting the fabric up…it was a breath of fresh air.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.