The Fern Hollow water treatment plant cover was designed, manufactured, and installed by Legacy crews overtop the existing water treatment equipment. Reducing maintenance time and costs was a primary concern for the township, and the new building helped achieve that by being low maintenance itself, as well as reducing the maintenance needed for the equipment and tanks inside.
- Building size: 50 ft 8 in x 149 ft (7,549 sq ft)
- White ExxoTec™ PVC fabric cladding
- Solid steel frame and all steel components treated for highly corrosive environment
- Ventilated with active and passive systems including fans, soffits and ridge vents
- Building columns designed for varying foundation heights
- Fabric provides natural light inside for energy efficiency and blocks/absorbs all unwanted UV rays
- Installed by Legacy crews over existing water treatment equipment
- 20 psf roof snow load, 105 mph windspeed, wind exposure C
Waste & Recycling
7,549 sq ft
Moon Township, PA
The tripper works just as planned – which basically doesn’t ever happen.
The building is working out better than we thought it would. The tripper is supported from the frame and works just as planned – which basically doesn’t ever happen.
The whole engineering phase with Legacy was excellent.
They were very responsive to our ideas and turned things around very quickly. Even the installation was fast—the whole building was erected in about seven days. The fabric roof allows a lot of natural light into the building, which is a big advantage on the operations floor, since it reduces our need for artificial lighting inside. It provides significant sheltering from rain, wind and cold. Even though we didn't have it insulated, it's still noticeably more comfortable inside during the winter. The structure actually provides more of a shading and cooling effect. The Legacy building has performed at or above expectations in many ways. And on top of its functionality within our process, it offers environmentally friendly features in its own right. It's a great system for our application.
Working with Legacy was easy.
This is definitely a more permanent building type. And working with Legacy was easy – there was good communication throughout the design and installation process.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.