Seahorse Run is a riding and boarding facility in Suffolk, Virginia. Covering their outdoor riding arena with a fabric roof protects the specialized footing and allows horses and riders to exercise and train year round.
- 100 ft x 200 ft (20,000 sq ft)
- White fabric with tan trim on roof and partially enclosed gable ends
- Pavilion-style building with open sidewalls
- 12-ft sidewall clearance to allow space for jumping and riding
- 10-ft eave extensions along sidewalls
- 750# fan loads on frame
- Legacy provided construction management services for the engineering and installation of the concrete footing foundation system
- 10 psf ground snow load, 120 mph windspeed, wind exposure C, seismic zone B, fully enclosed, full exposure, standard occupancy
- Building use: Commercial riding arena
Livestock Farming, Equestrian
20,000 sq ft
It's kind of like being outside all the time but still having shade.
I love the amount of sunlight that you still get through the roof. It stays pretty warm in the winter and cooler in the summer. It͛s very quiet inside. When you get rain or hail or wind, there's no banging or clanging, no sharp or rough sounds. The acoustics are good. It's fresh and dry and clean. You don't ever have condensation dripping off the roof. It's a controlled environment, yet you still get the benefit of the daylight coming in.
Amazing amount of light.
You stand inside and have this amazing amount of light. It’s hard for me to imagine that anyone would want to have a metal roof over them.
Their mission is customer service.
My family owned and operated Kuka Equestrian Center LLC. From the get-go, Legacy Building Solutions has been absolutely wonderful to work with. Their mission is customer service. If you have any questions, you don't get the runaround and someone is on it right away, and they stay in communication with you. If you are in need of a building, look to Legacy Building Solutions and let them put together the perfect building for you.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.