Legacy designed, engineered, manufactured and installed a municipal salt storage facility in Gaithersburg, Maryland for Montgomery County. The structure features a 21-ft poured wall foundation to keep the salt contained, as well as Legacy's exclusive EpoxxiShield™ COR Pro steel finishing, which helps to protect the building's frames from the corrosive salt.
- Building size: 100 ft x 184 ft (18,400 sq ft)
- All framing members factory finished with EpoxxiShield™ COR Pro
- White ExxoTec™ Elite PVC fabric cladding
- Passive ventilation through 18-in mesh soffits, 16 white ARV-2000 roof vents and eight black mesh endwall vents
- Two 16 ft x 28 ft vinyl bi-parting sliding doors
- 20-ft wide dormers over each door opening, located on the bay second from each end
- Direct bolt fabric termination for clean, finished look
- Installed by Legacy crews
Bulk Commodity, State & Municipal
18,400 sq ft
It was a good experience working with Legacy.
Our transportation system requires the diesel buses to be stored in a facility to keep them warm and protected from the elements. Legacy's customized fabric structure design was able to fit our purposes. Their in-house installation crew put up the building very quickly. They're easy to work with and willing to help, and the communication with the city and responsiveness throughout the project was very good.
Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently.
We didn’t have any experience with fabric buildings, but they were a cost-effective solution for our needs. Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently. So far the building is doing the job of providing protection for the new equipment.
The set up was ideal.
With this Legacy design, we were able to save money and space by integrating a wash bay into the storage structure. The setup we use is also ideal for eliminating environmental concerns, since all the salt-laden water is contained instead of running off.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.