This bottom ash dewatering facility was designed, manufactured and installed by Legacy crews – including doors, LED lighting and ventilation. Crews installed the building over existing equipment. Eave extensions and a powered ventilation system provide six air turns per hour.
- Building size: 220 ft x 240 ft
- Hot dip galvanized steel frame and components
- Flame-retardant polyethylene fabric
- Passive and active exhaust ventilation system for six air-turns per hour
- 36-in eave extensions with icebreakers
- Eight 22,370 cfm exhaust fans
- Twenty 3,000 cfm passive peak mounted exhaust vents
- Personnel and overhead roll-up doors supplied and installed by Legacy
- Thirty six high-bay LED lights supplied by Legacy
- Additional framed heating system exhaust portals
- Installation over active process bunkers and existing piping
- Project completed on time and on budget
- Designed for 40 psf ground snow, 115 mph wind – 3 second gust
- Building use: Interim system enclosure for bottom ash dewatering at a coal fired power plant
Oil Gas & Energy, State & Municipal, Waste & Recycling
52,800 sq ft
We were very impressed by their engineering team.
By today's standards, the buildings we're designing are of world-class caliber in the U.S. and Canada. Legacy offered several features that put them at the top of the list. They are unique among fabric buildings in that they build on a rigid steel frame. Everything looked good, from the eave and ridge ventilation system to the method for installing fabric panels. Combined with material delivery times and the time to construct, Legacy seemed like the perfect choice for our application. "The whole design is very efficient for our operations. Flexibility is key, especially when the building is a 'first of its kind' for the industry. We had one design change after the whole plan was in place, to widen our trapeze in the structure that supports the conveyor, and Legacy was able to make that change without any problem. The conveyor system fits and operates just as it was designed. "Legacy knew our schedule and saved us over 30 days of downtime. They stood the frames for the entire fabric structure in a single day, and everything - conveyors, electrical, fabric - was completed within five weeks of them coming to the site. It was a Herculean effort on Legacy's part. It was fantastic. They have a very passionate team, from top to bottom. In all respects, from design to pricing to production, Legacy is one of the best building contractors I've ever worked with. I look forward to working with them again.
We had a great working relationship with Legacy
A lot of the temporary structures in the region are fabric structures, so we mainly looked at those types of buildings. Due to the overall project timeline, the buildings had to be constructed in the dead of winter. We had a great working relationship with Legacy throughout the entire process. They supply a very high quality fabric structure, and we're certainly pleased with what we've seen from the buildings thus far.
It was a seamless process.
The crew was so professional, polite, on time and hardworking. It was amazing to see how much they got done. There were weather delays and they still finished early. It was a seamless process, and a pleasure to work with this group.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.