Central Valley Ag Co-Op (CVA) operates fertilizer storage, mixing and distribution facilities across the Midwest. After a storm permanently damaged a corroded fertilizer storage building in Tamora, Nebraska, CVA set out to replace the building with a safe, efficient enclosure.
- 120 ft x 480 ft structure
- Hot dip galvanizing rigid steel frame system mounted on existing concrete walls
- Non-FR PE fabric on exterior with interior PE fabric liner
- Two engineered flat gable end-walls
- Framed and wrapped fabric openings for free-standing conveyor and catwalk
- 18-in eaves with black mesh ventilation
- Icebreakers along both both sidewalls
- Aluminum louvers on endwalls and sidewalls
- ARV cavity and roof vents
- 25 lbs snow load, 105 mph windspeed, exposure C, seismic zone B, fully enclosed, S2 low hazard construction, fully exposed
56,600 sq ft
The set up was ideal.
With this Legacy design, we were able to save money and space by integrating a wash bay into the storage structure. The setup we use is also ideal for eliminating environmental concerns, since all the salt-laden water is contained instead of running off.
Working with Legacy was easy.
This is definitely a more permanent building type. And working with Legacy was easy – there was good communication throughout the design and installation process.
Legacy was the only one that could do a two-stepped building.
Legacy was the only one that could do a two-stepped building, so we could have a high part in front …and then have it stepped down, so we stay out of the clearance zone.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.