Central Valley Ag Co-Op (CVA) operates fertilizer storage, mixing and distribution facilities across the Midwest. After a storm permanently damaged a corroded fertilizer storage building in Tamora, Nebraska, CVA set out to replace the building with a safe, efficient enclosure.
- 120 ft x 480 ft structure
- Hot dip galvanizing rigid steel frame system mounted on existing concrete walls
- Non-FR PE fabric on exterior with interior PE fabric liner
- Two engineered flat gable end-walls
- Framed and wrapped fabric openings for free-standing conveyor and catwalk
- 18-in eaves with black mesh ventilation
- Icebreakers along both both sidewalls
- Aluminum louvers on endwalls and sidewalls
- ARV cavity and roof vents
- 25 lbs snow load, 105 mph windspeed, exposure C, seismic zone B, fully enclosed, S2 low hazard construction, fully exposed
56,600 sq ft
The whole engineering phase with Legacy was excellent.
They were very responsive to our ideas and turned things around very quickly. Even the installation was fast—the whole building was erected in about seven days. The fabric roof allows a lot of natural light into the building, which is a big advantage on the operations floor, since it reduces our need for artificial lighting inside. It provides significant sheltering from rain, wind and cold. Even though we didn't have it insulated, it's still noticeably more comfortable inside during the winter. The structure actually provides more of a shading and cooling effect. The Legacy building has performed at or above expectations in many ways. And on top of its functionality within our process, it offers environmentally friendly features in its own right. It's a great system for our application.
Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently.
We didn’t have any experience with fabric buildings, but they were a cost-effective solution for our needs. Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently. So far the building is doing the job of providing protection for the new equipment.
Working with Legacy was easy.
This is definitely a more permanent building type. And working with Legacy was easy – there was good communication throughout the design and installation process.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.