Residents of Chadron, Nebraska, enjoyed using an outdoor pool during the summer months. When an indoor pool at Chadron State College needed replacement, the college and the city joined forces to build a modern indoor pool that would be open to all.
- 162 ft x 170 ft (27,540 sq ft)
- Hot dip galvanized rigid steel frames
- Flame-retardant fabric customized with tan, white and custom blue wave design
- 36-inch overhangs with icebreakers and gutters in door locations
- R-30 insulation with thermal break and 12 oz. fabric interior liner
- 30 psf ground snow load, 90 mph wind speed, wind exposure C, seismic zone A
- Legacy crews installed the building over an existing pool and structure and provided wrapped openings for doors, windows, HVAC and aquatic equipment
Sports & Recreation
27,540 sq ft
It was a seamless process.
The crew was so professional, polite, on time and hardworking. It was amazing to see how much they got done. There were weather delays and they still finished early. It was a seamless process, and a pleasure to work with this group.
It seemed to be the perfect solution.
The building needed to be as salt resistant as possible. Legacy had a solid steel frame as opposed to tubular steel – it seemed to be the perfect solution.
We had a great working relationship with Legacy
A lot of the temporary structures in the region are fabric structures, so we mainly looked at those types of buildings. Due to the overall project timeline, the buildings had to be constructed in the dead of winter. We had a great working relationship with Legacy throughout the entire process. They supply a very high quality fabric structure, and we're certainly pleased with what we've seen from the buildings thus far.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.