Residents of Chadron, Nebraska, enjoyed using an outdoor pool during the summer months. When an indoor pool at Chadron State College needed replacement, the college and the city joined forces to build a modern indoor pool that would be open to all.
- 162 ft x 170 ft (27,540 sq ft)
- Hot dip galvanized rigid steel frames
- Flame-retardant fabric customized with tan, white and custom blue wave design
- 36-inch overhangs with icebreakers and gutters in door locations
- R-30 insulation with thermal break and 12 oz. fabric interior liner
- 30 psf ground snow load, 90 mph wind speed, wind exposure C, seismic zone A
- Legacy crews installed the building over an existing pool and structure and provided wrapped openings for doors, windows, HVAC and aquatic equipment
Sports & Recreation
27,540 sq ft
Legacy met our challenges.
Merging old materials with new materials—and then using unconventional construction—were among the challenges.
Great service over many years.
The facility looks great and it is very photogenic, which is important since we get a lot of media coverage.
Legacy was the only one that could do a two-stepped building.
Legacy was the only one that could do a two-stepped building, so we could have a high part in front …and then have it stepped down, so we stay out of the clearance zone.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.