This industrial fabric building for biosolid dewatering facility is attached to an existing brick building. The wastewater treatment building has a passive ventilation system and hot dip galvanized frame to prevent damage from corrosion.
- Building size: 65.5 ft x 100 ft
- Hot dip galvanized steel frame with flame-retardant fabric
- Frames and purlins support conveyor weight
- 18-in overhangs with mesh soffit ventilation
- Pier foundation installed by others
- Designed with sealed attachment to an existing brick structure
- Installed by Legacy crews under strict correctional facility security
- Meets OBC 11/IBC 09, NFPA 701 Code, wind exposure C, seismic zone B, partially enclosed, fully exposed, standard occupancy
- Building use: Wastewater treatment – biosolid dewatering
State & Municipal, Waste & Recycling
6,550 sq ft
It was a good experience working with Legacy.
Our transportation system requires the diesel buses to be stored in a facility to keep them warm and protected from the elements. Legacy's customized fabric structure design was able to fit our purposes. Their in-house installation crew put up the building very quickly. They're easy to work with and willing to help, and the communication with the city and responsiveness throughout the project was very good.
The set up was ideal.
With this Legacy design, we were able to save money and space by integrating a wash bay into the storage structure. The setup we use is also ideal for eliminating environmental concerns, since all the salt-laden water is contained instead of running off.
Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently.
We didn’t have any experience with fabric buildings, but they were a cost-effective solution for our needs. Protecting this equipment helps it run more efficiently. So far the building is doing the job of providing protection for the new equipment.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.