This bulk fertilizer storage building has a capacity of over 27,000 tons of fertilizer contained in six concrete bins. The lean-to provides a separate area for logistics and transloading to facilitate six turns per year.
- 77 ft x 580 ft with three lean-tos: 40 ft x 340 ft, 25 ft x 130 ft and 25 ft x 60 ft
- Hot dip galvanized rigid steel frame
- Exclusive 20 ft on center paneled roof system
- Green and white FR PE fabric cladding
- Engineered flat gable end-walls
- Frames engineered to carry loads of 350 lbs. per running foot
- Two 16 ft x 16 ft framed and wrapped doorways on the 40 ft lean-to
- Four 14 ft x 14 ft framed and wrapped doorways on the 25 ft lean-to
- Two 3 ft x 7 ft framed and wrapped doorways on the 50 ft lean-to
- Framed and wrapped conveyor openings
- 30 RV-3000 CFM Roof Vents
- Six 14 ft x 11 ft bin lift gates
- 5-ft overhangs with ITS tie down and mesh ventilation
- Building use: Fertilizer storage and blending
Bulk Commodity, Ports & Waterways
63,010 sq ft
East Dubuque, IL
The Legacy construction crew was very professional and courteous.
Because of our soil issues, we simply couldn't afford to construct a more traditional building. The concrete costs made a more traditional building cost prohibitive. The lightweight design of our Legacy building allowed us to reach a compromise between soil conditions and cost. Regarding the design and construction phases of the building, I can say that the process went exceptionally well. When I made eleventh-hour changes to the job, Legacy handled them with ease. They finished the job well ahead of schedule, worked safely, and followed our stringent safety requirements to the letter.
Everything that Legacy said they were going to do, they did.
We obviously had contracts, but the overall feel was kind of like the olden days, where you felt you could just take somebody at their word. Price is a major factor in any purchase decision. But we didn't blink at having to pay a little more for the Legacy structure. Sometimes you have to spend more to get a higher quality building. The installation was very smooth. Legacy's in-house crew worked in cold winter conditions, and they erected the building within five days. They were a very professional group, and I'd highly recommend them. We like the sidewall columns going straight up instead of curving down like in our hoop buildings. First off, it lets us put more product in there. And our front-end loaders can get much closer to the walls and drive straight down the sides. It gives us more working room and increases our efficiency. In the long run I think this will be a building that requires less maintenance. Legacy was so outstanding to work with that I didn't even bother looking at pricing elsewhere.
The new building will protect the salt supply.
It will be protected from being compromised by wind and precipitation. Once the general contractor completed the footings and floors, Legacy installed the fabric building very quickly, in about two weeks. It was a very positive process with professional communication between Legacy and Dewberry throughout the project.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.