Pontotoc Sands Company is a supplier of sand and aggregates for fracking and industry. The increase in fracking activity near their El Reno, Oklahoma location required additional space to store and distribute sand.
- Building size: 80 ft x 100 ft
- Wide flange rigid steel frames
- Gray primed steel components
- PE fabric – white with tan
- Eco attachment system – single panel double-layered and laced to all fabric-contacting steel members
- 10 ft above grade CIP concrete wall
- Fabric direct bolt terminated to exterior of CIP wall
- Built to IBC 2015 criteria
- Two 48 ft x 48 ft fix-bladed aluminum louvers framed and installed in end wall
- 10 psf snow load, 105 mph windspeed, exposure C, seismic zone B, collateral 1 psf, enclosed, fully exposed, low occupancy
- Building use: Frac sand and proppant storage
8,000 sq ft
El Reno, OK
Great service over many years.
The facility looks great and it is very photogenic, which is important since we get a lot of media coverage.
The Legacy construction crew was very professional and courteous.
Because of our soil issues, we simply couldn't afford to construct a more traditional building. The concrete costs made a more traditional building cost prohibitive. The lightweight design of our Legacy building allowed us to reach a compromise between soil conditions and cost. Regarding the design and construction phases of the building, I can say that the process went exceptionally well. When I made eleventh-hour changes to the job, Legacy handled them with ease. They finished the job well ahead of schedule, worked safely, and followed our stringent safety requirements to the letter.
Working with Legacy was easy.
This is definitely a more permanent building type. And working with Legacy was easy – there was good communication throughout the design and installation process.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.