Pontotoc Sands Company is a supplier of sand and aggregates for fracking and industry. The increase in fracking activity near their El Reno, Oklahoma location required additional space to store and distribute sand.
- Building size: 80 ft x 100 ft
- Wide flange rigid steel frames
- Gray primed steel components
- PE fabric – white with tan
- Eco attachment system – single panel double-layered and laced to all fabric-contacting steel members
- 10 ft above grade CIP concrete wall
- Fabric direct bolt terminated to exterior of CIP wall
- Built to IBC 2015 criteria
- Two 48 ft x 48 ft fix-bladed aluminum louvers framed and installed in end wall
- 10 psf snow load, 105 mph windspeed, exposure C, seismic zone B, collateral 1 psf, enclosed, fully exposed, low occupancy
- Building use: Frac sand and proppant storage
8,000 sq ft
El Reno, OK
We had a great working relationship with Legacy
A lot of the temporary structures in the region are fabric structures, so we mainly looked at those types of buildings. Due to the overall project timeline, the buildings had to be constructed in the dead of winter. We had a great working relationship with Legacy throughout the entire process. They supply a very high quality fabric structure, and we're certainly pleased with what we've seen from the buildings thus far.
It seemed to be the perfect solution.
The building needed to be as salt resistant as possible. Legacy had a solid steel frame as opposed to tubular steel – it seemed to be the perfect solution.
Amazing amount of light.
You stand inside and have this amazing amount of light. It’s hard for me to imagine that anyone would want to have a metal roof over them.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.