When DHL Express expanded their hub at the Cincinnati airport, they added a pair of fabric pavilion buildings for cargo storage and logistics. Legacy Building Solutions partnered with the building owner to create a space that included wide aisles and openings to quickly access stored material.
- Two mirrored structures each 205 ft x 580 ft
- PVC fabric membrane with acrylic topcoat – gray, white and yellow
- All framing members factory finished with white primer
- Pavilion structures with one wall fully enclosed
- Sidewall fabric terminated at 8 ft above grade; endwall fabric terminated at 14 ft above grade
- Eight jack beam openings 39 ft wide x 14 ft high in facing sidewalls (four per building)
- 2-ft differential frame lengths to accommodate wide door header and site slope
- 28 ARV-2000 passive aluminum roof vents on each structure
- Delivered and installed on a critical time path to allow for continuous operations of the DHL Hub; completed on time and on budget
- 20psf ground snow load, 125 mph wind speed
- Building use: Airport logistics and staging
237,800 sq ft
CVG Airport – Erlanger, KY
Legacy was the only one that could do a two-stepped building.
Legacy was the only one that could do a two-stepped building, so we could have a high part in front …and then have it stepped down, so we stay out of the clearance zone.
Legacy Building Solutions has given Solar Ship more than just a state-of-the-art hangar and assembly building.
Through our close collaboration, their design incorporates a self-reliant photovoltaic power package that sits above the fabric roof, allowing our building operations to be entirely off-grid. In addition, Legacy’s foundation design allowed us to re-use an existing concrete pad, saving us time and money during construction. These innovations were part of our top-level requirements, and delivering on them really sets Legacy apart from the traditional building segment.
Legacy was one of the only companies that could construct to that height.
We needed a structure this big to be able to do maintenance inside, and we needed something we could erect quickly and meet all our requirements. Legacy was one of the only companies that could construct to that height.
Start Your Project
Partnerships Equal Structural Integrity
Whatever your industry, project, and desired application, the Legacy team of engineers will make your vision a reality. Start your project with the team who will provide you more than the structural integrity of your building a partnership.